Blog Templates and Address Bar

I honestly didn't know that installing blog templates could be so much work. Way back in the day, I was a "Myspacer" and I would edit/change my page constantly via HTML and CSS. So I flexed my muscles, and presumed to think I could tackle editing a blog template. Well 3 hours into I realized I would need a little help. Enter jackbook.com the (almost) greatest man to ever live. (The "greatest man to ever live" title changes rather frequently, it goes to whoever helps me in my hour of need.) His FAQ was like manna from heaven.
In the process of installing this current template you see here, I found out what the word "uncomment" meant (believe you me, the definition alone took me an hour to find!)

Uncomment
: Remove the semi-colon
-verb
ie:
;extension=php_mssql.dll
;extension=php_mysqli.dll

So simple. I have to wonder why it took me so long. Regardless, the template is up and, if I do say so myself, looks fantastic. Special thanks to Jack.
I also added an favicon to the address bar/navigation bar. Way easy. I searched far and wide on Google typing in crazy things (ie. icon in navigation bar, changing picture in address bar). Finally found out how to on Mecury's site. Thanks to the now greatest woman who ever lived.

No comments: