The 34th wall experience

Michelle HippsHere are some pictures from a couple of weeks ago, when me and a friend painted a wall as a happy birthday gift to another friend. It took us about 3 hours to do it all. We first tried covering the wall with spray paint...that didn't work out so well, so we went to Wal-Mart and bought actual paint and started working with that. That turned out much better. The wall, called the 34th Wall, we painted on is along a major road (surprise, surprise the road is called the 34th Street) so we got honked at alot. It was weird painting on it because it is vandalizing, but it is widely accepted and tolerated by law enforcement. Michelle HippsThe wall itself was peeling off. There were so many layers of paint on it that the layer that was peeling off was 1/4 of inch wide. There were bubble spots too where air had crept under the layer and created a pocket of air. It was still fun even if we were both too short to reach the top. :) Thats probably why it took us so long to finish it; we goofed off alot! By the time we were done we had paint all over ourselves. I got it on my shoes my pants, my sunglasses, everywhere. It was worse for my friend; she stepped into the paint. After painting the wall we had meetings to go to so we wouldn't be able to see our friend's reaction. But her boyfriend brought her there with some flowers and showed it to her. It was all very romantic. He had to be. We threatened him with his life if he wasn't. Anyway over all I was pretty pleased with the outcome and the experience. Even if I was vandalizing property.Michelle Hipps

1 comment:

Jess said...

ROFL! That's great. You know the wall is a "rite of passage" LOL in that one couldn't possibly leave Gainesville without having painted the wall at least once! I wonder what out-of-towners think? I've been in this area 27 years and it's always been painted. I wonder just how many layers lie beneath?

:) Jess